Software Engineer (Front-End) at SwiftIQ
SwiftIQ seeks to hire a Front-end Software Engineer who possesses cutting edge skills and an ongoing thirst for knowledge. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, always learning, and always ready to share their knowledge with the team and expand their horizons.
As a part of our fast growing startup, you will have access to billions of records of retail transaction and behavioral data and will play an integral part in enhancing the technical foundation of our product by creating the client-side application code that will provide our customers with a world-class user experience.
Our engineering team works hard, moves swiftly, and demands excellence. We work very collaboratively, sharing knowledge and learning from each other daily. As a Front-end Software Engineer, you will be contributing towards many externally facing parts of our platform, so attention to detail is required.
As part of the front-end team, you will:
- Work closely with the Product Designer and back-end engineers to implement state-of-the-art front-end solutions in the big data industry
- Make updates to existing applications on the SwiftIQ platform
- Develop and release new features and applications on the SwiftIQ platform which could include dashboards, dynamic visualizations, and automated workflows
- Continually refine the presentational side of our software, making it performative, beautiful, accessible, and understandable to our users
- Have access to a huge dataset and be encouraged to explore ideas of how to use this data in new and interesting ways
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with Typescript syntax and development
- Most importantly: the ability to learn quickly and put knowledge into action
- Experience in Angular2+ (what we use currently)
- Background in data analysis and/or visualization
- Experience programming in Java
- Familiarity with REST and creating/consuming APIs
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (e.g. clustering, collaborative filters, regression, classification) or open source libraries (e.g., Mahout, Spark)
SwiftIQ is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.