SwiftIQ is seeking a Data Operations Specialist to join our team working in an exciting, high volume retail data ecosystem with over $100B of transaction log data. Mastering the relationship between client data and our ecosystem will be an important element for this position. This position plays a critical role for both the retailer and their vendor partners to realize value from their data. The Data Operations Specialist will help our team onboard new customers’ data, may gather technical requirements, utilize analytical approaches to troubleshoot data quality issues, as well as contribute to identifying, designing, and implementing internal data processing improvements. The successful applicant will be joining a team with a "Can Do" attitude, and a strong desire to make an impact in a start-up organization.
- Assist in onboarding new customers’ data into the SwiftIQ data warehouse and platform, writing and installing the required ETLs
- Identify, design, and implement internal data processing improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Gather technical requirements from multiple sources for new data-oriented features, integrating new solutions within a developed Java solution base
- Audit data for quality and content ensuring full understanding of customers’ data
- Troubleshoot any issues related to the clients’ daily data feed
- Develop an expertise on each clients’ individual data quality needs and document all things related to data quality
- Use SQL to create complex queries not easily producible using the core platform
- Investigate and recommend solutions to data quality issues on a per client basis
- Participate as a key member of our agile development team
- 1-3 years of applicable experience
- Experience in data cleansing, curation, parsing, integration, semantic mapping, or editing.
- Experience with SQL query design, debugging and optimization.
- Basic working and practical knowledge of programming principles, techniques, standards and analytical ability
- Experience with analytics systems (data warehouses, dimensional models, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong team player with a passion for data and problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to join an open and diverse team
- Strongly preferred:
- Experience with Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and a solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
What's In It for You
- Work closely with the largest retailers and brands
- Ability to engage large retailers and leading suppliers and implement data-driven growth strategies
- Make a huge impact from day one
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Cash and/or equity bonuses
- Flexible vacation / time-off policy