SwiftIQ is seeking a Data Operations Specialist to join our team working in an exciting, high volume retail data ecosystem with over $100B of transaction log data. Mastering the relationship between client data and our ecosystem will be an important element for this position. This position plays a critical role for both the retailer and their vendor partners to realize value from their data.
The Data Operations Specialist will help our team onboard new customers’ data, may gather technical requirements, utilize analytical approaches to troubleshoot data quality issues, as well as contribute to identifying, designing, and implementing internal data processing improvements. The successful applicant will be joining a team with a "Can Do" attitude, and a strong desire to make an impact in a start-up organization.
• Assist in onboarding new customers’ data into the SwiftIQ data warehouse and platform, by collaborating with Data Engineering and Business Intelligence to deliver flawless onboarding
• Scope data and integration requirements based on company knowledge and client-specific nuances, including new data-oriented features
• Identify, design, and implement internal data processing improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data analysis infrastructure related to data quality and integration to deliver greater scalability, etc.
• Audit data for quality and content ensuring full understanding of customers’ data
• Investigate, troubleshoot any issue, and recommend solution as part of the onboarding and/or clients’ daily data feed.
• Develop an expertise on each clients’ individual data quality needs and document all things related to data quality
• Use SQL to create complex queries not easily producible using the core platform
• Participate as a key member of our agile development team
• 1-3 years of applicable experience
• Experience in data cleansing, curation, parsing, integration, semantic mapping, or editing.
• Experience with SQL query design, debugging and optimization.
• Basic working and practical knowledge of programming principles, techniques, standards and analytical ability
• Experience with analytics systems (data warehouses, dimensional models, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
• Strong team player with a passion for data and problem solving
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Desire to join an open and diverse team
o Knowledge and experience with R or Python
o Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
oJava, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and a solid understanding of object-oriented programming
o Experience with other scripting languages (bash, Perl, etc.)
SwiftIQ is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.